Social Media Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who sign up on the online contest page and who are 19 as of the date of entry. The contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Tourism Elliston and participating restaurants or sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Tourism Elliston, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about September 17, 2021, and ending October 17, 2021. All online entries must be received by October 17, 2021, at midnight.
4. How to Enter: The contest must be entered in one of two ways or participants may enter both ways. One, by posting a photo that includes an image of the Roots, Rants and Roars backpack or picnic while on a hiking trail to Instagram and must @mention @RootsRantsRoars and include #MyFoodHike and #HikeNL. Two, by commenting on a Roots, Rants and Roars post about this contest with a photo that includes the Roots, Rants and Roars backpack or picnic while on a hiking trail and must include #MyFoodHike and #HikeNL. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Tourism Elliston. You may not use devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Tourism Elliston.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive 1 of 8 Roots, Rants and Roars merchandise prixe pack, an approximate retail value of $50. The actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Tourism Elliston to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via direct message to the Instagram account used to enter the contest within five (5) days following the winner selection. Tourism Elliston shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT COMPANY'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE contest AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Tourism Elliston, anyone acting on behalf of Tourism Elliston, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Tourism Elliston reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the contest. In such a case, Tourism Elliston may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Tourism Elliston. Tourism Elliston reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Tourism Elliston has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; the use of bots, macros or scripts, or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Tourism Elliston reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Tourism Elliston. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Tourism Elliston and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, the participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [state/province] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Tourism Elliston, 5862 Main Street, Elliston, NL, A0C 1N0, Canada. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2021.